Wheel of Fortune is a great “dinner show” – something to watch and play along with while eating dinner. In fact, we have our DVR set up to record episodes so that we can watch while eating (we eat a little later, so if we didn’t DVR it, we would probably miss it). Recently, we decided that this could also be turned into a fantastic drinking game show as well, so we decided to come up with some rules and yes – completely bastardize this fun and family friendly game show.
Here are the rules as we have conceived them:
Wheel Of Fortune Drinking Game
- Pick one of the 3 contestants before each puzzle (you can switch contestants throughout the show). If your contestant solves that puzzle, you give out drinks. If your contestant doesn’t solve the puzzle, you drink.
- If you are the first person to solve the puzzle (before your friends and the contestants) give out drinks.
- Drink anytime Pat makes a corny joke or comment.
- Anytime someone yells “Big Money!” while spinning – drink the entire time the wheel spins.
- Drink anytime the wheel lands on “Bankrupt” or “Lose A Turn”
- Drink when the wheel lands on a non-monetary wedge i.e. “Free Play” “Wild” or a gift card/trip.
- Drink anytime there are more than 3 of any letter in the puzzle (i.e. there are 5 T’s, or 4 E’s)
- Take 1 drink for each letter that the person guesses that does NOT show up in the final puzzle.
- If you solve the puzzle before the contestant and your friends, give out drinks.
- Finish your drink if the contestant solves the puzzle and wins more than $30K.
So there you have it – additional fun and entertainment while watching “America’s favorite game show.” So maybe instead of watching while you eat, you can save it for later and have some alcoholic fun with it.
Enjoy and let me know of any amendments that you make!